StraighterLine’s online Medical Terminology course is often taken as a prerequisite for nursing and other health science degree programs. The topics covered in this course help students develop a fluency in the highly specialized language of health and the human body. The mastery over medical terminology that students will develop in the course is important for those looking to work in a healthcare profession.
You'll learn the etymology of words used to describe the human body and proper terminology for major pathological conditions. This course identifies and explains the terms used for the digestive, endocrine, hematic, immune integumentary, lymphatic, musculoskeletal, nervous, reproductive, respiratory, and urinary systems. When you’re done, you’ll be able to differentiate tissues and organs, compare and contrast different body systems, and define the function of each.
Enrolling in StraighterLine courses is now even more affordable, more convenient and faster with eTextbooks included at no additional cost. More information on StraighterLine eTextbooks
Medical Terminologyfrom McGraw-Hill
As low as: $59.00
- MEDTERM101 eTextbook (a $70 value)
The StraighterLine Advantage
- Lengthy application and delay to start
- Pricey textbooks required per course
- Conform to their schedule
- No flexibility in exam schedule
- Finish in 9 to 12 weeks
- Complicated transcript process
- One-year tuition and fees ($30,094*)
- Sign up and get started in minutes
- eTextbooks included for FREE
- Work at your own pace
- Take your exam when you’re ready
- Finish in less than 30 days (4-6 weeks)
- No-fee transcripts and easy credit transfer
- One-year tuition and fees ($1299*)
*Tuition data from “Trends in College Pricing: 2013” The College Board.
(At 4-year public and private institutions, tuition and fees ranges from $8,000-$30,000 per year)