Busted Myth of the Week: Business Majors Earn the Most Money after Graduation
It’s common wisdom that business majors stand the best chance of snagging high-paying jobs after they graduate from college. But not so. If you want a top-paying job after you graduate college, perhaps you should be studying engineering. That’s the message behind The National Association of Colleges and Employers’ list of top-paying jobs for recent graduates.
Here are the jobs that NACE says will reward you with the highest starting salaries after graduation . . .
- Chemical Engineering - $67,000
- Computer Science - $63,000
- Mechanical Engineering - $61,000
- Electronic Engineering - $61,000
- Computer Engineering - $60,000
- Industrial Engineering - $59,000
- Systems Engineering - $57,000
- Engineering Technology - $57,000
- Information Sciences - $57,000
- Networking and Telecommunication Sciences - $57,000
How can you transition into one of these technical fields? One good way is to take some college courses online to test the waters before you take the plunge.
StraighterLine Partners with NECB to Offer a Fast Route to Business Success
Train Online to be An Accountant
How to Get a Job after You Graduate
Online Education Resources
Hot Jobs and Opportunities for Working Women and Moms
Busted Myth of the Week:An Ivy League Degree Guarantees You a Great Job