Who We Are and How to Reach Us
StraighterLine is the sole provider of this website. You may contact us directly if you have any questions regarding the content and material on this website, or the collection, use, correction or deletion of any personal or non-personal information provided over this website. Please contact us at:
1201 South Sharp Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
The only personal information this website obtains about you is information voluntarily provided by you.
You are free to visit StraighterLine; however, if you would like to use the StraighterLine service, you must make a purchase. When you purchase course(s) from us, we will request certain personal information including - email, phone number, zip code, country and credit card information. Response to our surveys is entirely voluntary and not required for receipt of services.
This information is used by StraighterLine for (1) billing and account purposes; (2) demographic assessments of and provision of services to the user population; (3) empirical research; (4) communication with you; and (5) internal auditing purposes. Only strictly authorized StraighterLine employees have access to this personal information. It may be given to an institutional administrator or other third parties with direct relationships with StraighterLine.
StraighterLine also reserves the right to replicate written comments about the service sent to its representatives on our website and/or in promotional materials and/or in business development materials, along with your name and institution. If you do not want your name to accompany your comments, please state this in your written correspondence with StraighterLine and its representatives.
StraighterLine contains links to other sites and some features of the StraighterLine Service may be offered in conjunction with a partner company. StraighterLine is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and companies.
In order to provide partner company features, it may be necessary for either you or StraighterLine to share your voluntarily provided personal information with this company. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
Certain non-personal information of visitors is also recorded by the standard operation of StraighterLine's Internet servers. This information is primarily used to provide visitors to StraighterLine with an enhanced online experience. Information tracked includes the type of browser being used by the visitor, the type of operating system, and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider. StraighterLine may disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the StraighterLine service to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
Cookies are web code that allow websites to display ads that relate to your interests and help measure advertising and site usage information in order to bring you a better user experience.
- StraighterLine uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer, to analyze your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your shortened IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity for website operators and to provide other services related with the website and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law, or where third parties process these data on behalf of Google. For more information about Google Analytics, or to opt out of Google Analytics, please go to the Google Analytics Opt Out Settings page.
- We use third-party vendors, including Google, in order to show ads on sites across the Internet.
- StraighterLine along with third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our website and to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- We use data from Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and 3rd party audience data to help us understand how people find and use our site.
- Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, customize Google Display Network ads using Google's Ads Settings page.
- Cookies do not allow the website to access personal information that you haven't already provided.
Our Security Procedures
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of all users. We require our employees to protect the privacy of all information collected over our website. Only employees and supervisors with specific authorization have access to databases containing visitors' personal information. The databases are protected in a secure facility. We have a digital certificate that is signed by a recognized certificate authority. Credit card information, while handled by a third party, is transmitted via encrypted technology.
Please be advised that once you leave our website, your use of the Internet will be governed by the privacy policies, if any, of the particular website that you are accessing. StraighterLine is not responsible for the content, activities or privacy practices on the other sites.