Today’s post is the eleventh in a series of practical tips on how to save money on college.
Today’s saving money on college tip is:
Enroll in a Competency-Based Degree Program.
With competency-based education (CBE), your college degree is so much more affordable. CBE programs cost between about $2,500 and $6,000 per year, a huge savings over the more than $30k per year cost at an average private university. Almost all competency-based programs accept ACE Credit recommended courses in transfer – and StraighterLine partners with most of the leading competency-based colleges.
Competency-based degree programs cost between about $2,500 and $6,000 per year, a huge savings over the more than $30k per year cost at an average private university.
With a competency-based education model, your success is based on learning – not seat time, class attendance, or credit hours. You earn a degree by demonstrating skills and knowledge in required subject areas through a series of carefully designed courses. This is an ideal approach for working adults — you get rewarded for your prior knowledge and experience. Plus, you don't have to spend a lot of time on subjects you’ve already mastered, so you can avoid spending extra tuition money, and earn your degree at an accelerated rate.
For added insight, see how Straighterline partner Western Governors University is transforming how working adults get their degree. Find out why there’s a buzz about competency based education!
Today’s scholarship highlight is:
Save up to 38% on your degree with the WGU Partner Scholarship & StraighterLine.
Western Governors University (WGU) is one of the participating StraighterLine Partner Colleges that has designed a partner scholarship especially for StraighterLine transfer students to help cover the cost of tuition at Western Governors University.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete just 4 StraighterLine courses to be eligible for the Western Governors University (WGU) Partner Scholarship.
- Take the maximum number of courses at StraighterLine that fit into your degree program and save up to 38% on your degree from Western Governors University.
It’s easy to qualify. There are no essays, lengthy applications or deadlines. All you need to do is complete four StraighterLine courses and transfer them to Western Governors University. Your discount will be applied to the college’s tuition when you enroll.
Related Posts You Might Be Interested in:
- Finish Your First Year (or More) of College at StraighterLine - Save Money on College Tip Twelve
- How to Get On the Most Direct Path to College Graduation - Save Money on College Tip Ten
- This May Be the Best Strategy to Get an Affordable College Degree - Save Money on College Tip Nine
- Maximize AP Credits to Accelerate your Degree - Save Money on College Tip Eight
- How To Start Saving on College With This Smart Hack - Save Money on College Tip Seven
- Test Your Way to a Cheaper Degree - Save Money on College Tip Six
- Where to Find Affordable & Accredited Degree Programs Online - Save Money on College Tip Five
- Here's How to Pay the Lowest Price for Your College Classes this Summer - Save Money on College Tip Four
- Cut Your College Tuition in Half - Save Money on College Tip Three
- How to Save Money on College with Low-Cost Online Courses - Save Money on College Tip Two
- How to Pay Less for College & Get a Scholarship This Year – Save Money on College Tip One
- Education is Expensive – Lowering the Cost of College