Introduction to Criminal Justice
Taking StraighterLine’s online criminal justice class is a low-cost way to quickly fulfill a common general education social sciences requirements. Most students can complete our Criminal Justice course within 4-6 weeks but many are able to finish it in less than 30 days. Our popular Criminal Justice class explores the past, present, and future of the American criminal justice system.
In this Criminal Justice course, students will start off exploring the history and types of law enforcement; structure of the court system; and the changing philosophies of the American correctional system. Students also examine the role of legal precedent, the death penalty, prison life, and the juvenile justice system.Other topics include the Industrial Revolution, Western movement, the Civil War, and how Reconstruction plans succeeded or failed.
For students who need additional help while taking Criminal Justice, online tutoring is included at no additional cost.
Enrolling in StraighterLine courses is now even more affordable, more convenient and faster with eTextbooks included at no additional cost. More information on StraighterLine eTextbooks
The StraighterLine Advantage
- Lengthy application and delay to start
- Pricey textbooks required per course
- Conform to their schedule
- No flexibility in exam schedule
- Finish in 9 to 12 weeks
- Complicated transcript process
- One-year tuition and fees ($30,094*)
- Sign up and get started in minutes
- eTextbooks included for FREE
- Work at your own pace
- Take your exam when you’re ready
- Finish in less than 30 days (4-6 weeks)
- No-fee transcripts and easy credit transfer
- One-year tuition and fees ($1299*)