StraighterLine’s Online Introductory Algebra Course Overview is a non-credit bearing course that will prepare you to successfully complete College Algebra (MAT101). Because it’s self-paced, with no pre-set test dates, you can take as long as you need (up to 6 months) to build a solid understanding of these critical math principles. The course also comes with live, one-on-one tutoring help so you’re not tackling this tough subject on your own.
Start with how to use the basic vocabulary of math, and how to perform operations with real numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages. Move on to exponential expressions algebraic equations, and word problems. Next come graphs, polynomials and quadratic equations. When you’re done, you will finally understand Algebra and be ready to move on to college and College Algebra.
Enrolling in StraighterLine courses is now even more affordable, more convenient and faster with eTextbooks included at no additional cost. More information on StraighterLine eTextbooks
Introductory Algebrafrom McGraw-Hill
As low as: $79.00
- MAT099 eTextbook (a $50 value)
The StraighterLine Advantage
- Lengthy application and delay to start
- Pricey textbooks required per course
- Conform to their schedule
- No flexibility in exam schedule
- Finish in 9 to 12 weeks
- Complicated transcript process
- One-year tuition and fees ($30,094*)
- Sign up and get started in minutes
- eTextbooks included for FREE
- Work at your own pace
- Take your exam when you’re ready
- Finish in less than 30 days (4-6 weeks)
- No-fee transcripts and easy credit transfer
- One-year tuition and fees ($1299*)
*Tuition data from “Trends in College Pricing: 2013” The College Board.
(At 4-year public and private institutions, tuition and fees ranges from $8,000-$30,000 per year)