English Composition I
Our English 101 online course will help you develop the quality writing skills necessary for success in college and your future career. English Composition (also called English 101) covers five principle types of writing: argumentative, compare and contrast, descriptive, narrative, and persuasive. Lessons in this self-paced online course also highlight the importance of proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling, as well as explain effective research techniques, editing, and revision.
Completing English 101 online fulfills general education requirements in composition/writing, fits into our affordable degree plans, and includes one-on-one academic support (tutoring).
Enrolling in StraighterLine courses is now even more affordable, more convenient and faster with eTextbooks included at no additional cost. More information on StraighterLine eTextbooks
English Composition Ifrom StraighterLine
As low as: $79.00
The StraighterLine Advantage
- Lengthy application and delay to start
- Pricey textbooks required per course
- Conform to their schedule
- No flexibility in exam schedule
- Finish in 9 to 12 weeks
- Complicated transcript process
- One-year tuition and fees ($30,094*)
- Sign up and get started in minutes
- eTextbooks included for FREE
- Work at your own pace
- Take your exam when you’re ready
- Finish in less than 30 days (4-6 weeks)
- No-fee transcripts and easy credit transfer
- One-year tuition and fees ($1299*)
*Tuition data from “Trends in College Pricing: 2013” The College Board.
(At 4-year public and private institutions, tuition and fees ranges from $8,000-$30,000 per year)