Are you on a 1-2 month timeline and want to finish your courses over the summer? You’re not alone! Summer is one of our busiest times here at StraighterLine, so we’re sharing five quick tips to help you reach your goals on schedule and with a transcript in hand.
Our best summer session success tips:
Student Support is Here For You. StraighterLine Student Support is available 7 days a week by phone, chat, or by creating a support request through your MyLine Dashboard. If you’re on a tight deadline, we highly recommend that you drop us a line so that we can help you plan and avoid last-minute issues.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm & Sat/Sun 9am-5:30pm
- Phone: (877) 787-8375
- Support Request: via MyLine Dashboard
Communication & Notifications. Pay attention to communication from us. We send updates on things like grading, transcript approvals, final retake approvals, refund request responses, and more. And it’s always a good idea to check your email and make sure messages from StraighterLine don’t end up in your spam folder.
Graded Assignments. Each essay, video, and lab you submit is graded carefully by one of our evaluators. Here’s what to expect:
- Assignments are graded in the order that we receive them – expect to receive your grade in 5 days or less (generally MUCH faster).
- If you’re waiting for a grade on a submitted assignment, login to see if it’s posted to your course card and watch your email.
- If a grade hasn’t posted, and you haven’t heard from us via support request or email, sit tight, you’ll get feedback soon.
- If it has been longer than 5 days, it’s time to reach out to student support.
Plan Ahead, Save Money. Manage your time and schedule your proctoring in advance to reduce fees. Pro tip: Scheduling your proctoring session early gives you a target to shoot for, helps you keep yourself accountable to your schedule, and will save you any expediting fees charged for taking an exam on demand (which can cost up to $12). If this is your first time using online proctoring, plan ahead and give yourself an extra 30 minutes so that the proctor can ready your computer for the session.
All Done With Your Course? If you’re not planning on taking another course with us at this time, don’t forget to cancel your membership at least a day before your next billing date. StraighterLine Monthly Memberships automatically renew each month, at which time your original payment method will be charged $99.
Summer is a great time to take college classes, just make sure you keep these tips and mind and you’ll be sure to make progress on your degree! At StraighterLine, we’ve made it easy to enroll in the courses you need at an affordable price -- and on your summer schedule.