In just the last month, I’ve seen more and more magazine ads for online business programs. I’ve seen ads on websites too. Heck, I even saw a flashy big billboard by a highway in New Jersey that pitched an online MBA program.
There’s no doubt about it. There is definitely something in the air about earning business degrees online. But when you stop to think about it, that’s not surprising. After all, earning a business degree online makes a lot of sense right now, for reasons like these . . .
- You don’t have to quit your day job. I haven’t been able to find any statistics about how many students are working jobs at the same time they are studying for their business degrees, but I suspect that a lot of them are, for a few reasons. First, very few people today can afford to quit their jobs and become full-time students, especially if they have rent to pay, a family to support, and bills to pay. Second, taking classes online is much more flexible than taking classroom instruction. If you’re working a job, you can complete your online coursework over lunch hours, after work, in the early mornings – whenever you can. That makes it possible to earn your business degree without quitting your day job. Third, a business degree can really help you move up in your company, without quitting and finding a new job elsewhere. So there’s no doubt that online studies work well for people who need to keep their jobs.
- A business degree can win you a new job faster than most other degrees can today. If you’d like to learn more, a new report from U.S. News pinpoints the business majors and degrees that are most desirable in today’s marketplace. Students who have earned accounting MBAs are very much in demand, for example.
- Business degrees are among the most desirable of all credentials. If you scan job boards or employment ads today, you will see that business degrees are in great demand. Business degrees are also one of the most portable degrees you can have, enabling you to change jobs, work in multiple entrepreneurial settings, and even work remotely for companies as an independent contractor. No doubt about it – a business degree can open up new doors and new opportunities today.
How to Get Started without Spending too Much
The only downside to the current swing toward online business degrees is the cost. Sure, lots of regular universities are rushing to offer online programs. But as you’ll quickly discover, those programs often cost as much as traditional courses of study that take place in classroom settings.
Yet there are ways to earn an online business degree without overspending.
Use StraighterLine’s online business courses to Get Started at Very Low Cost
You’ll find a great selection of business courses that you can complete very economically online. Many cost only $49 each – and that’s for a three-credit course – with a monthly subscription (additional fee). Check out StraighterLine’s pricing options.
And here are the StraighterLine business courses you can choose from . . .
- Accounting I
- Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Business
- Business Communications
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- Organizational Behavior
- Principles of Management
- Economics I: Macroeconomics
- Economics II: Microeconomics
Learn and Save by Continuing Your Studies at a StraighterLine Partner College
Once you have taken StraighterLine business courses, your next step is to transfer the credits you earned to one of StraighterLine’s terrific Partner Colleges. Then, continue your business studies online – without interrupting your busy life or career – and save even more money in the process.
Because most of StraighterLine’s Partner Colleges offer online business degrees, you’ll want to check them all out. But let me mention a few of them that could have just the kind of unique business program that you are looking for . . .
- Albany State University, one of America’s prestigious historically Black colleges and universities, now offers a variety of online business curriculums for everyone.
- Capella University, a pioneer in computerized distance learning, offers business degrees in a wide selection of specialties.
- Liberty University also offers an array of online business majors and programs, all from a unique university that is deeply rooted in Christian faith.
- Thomas Edison State College, though centered in New Jersey, opens its doors to online business students everywhere.
- Western Governors University is respected worldwide for its excellence in business learning and for the variety of programs that it offers.
Those are only a small sampling of the many great StraighterLine Partner Colleges that offer exceptional online business programs. Be sure to check them all out.
So the opportunity is clear! If you want to earn a business degree and need the flexibility of online study to get it done, now is the time to start taking classes online.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy
The Difference between Having a Good Idea and Changing the World
How to Make the Most of Your Summer, Whether You Get a Job or Not
Take Summer Classes Your Way with Online Courses
StraighterLine Summer School Starts Today – and Every Day
The Summer and Online Study . . . Perfect Together!