Curious about earning credit with StraighterLine? We have all the information you need for easy credit transfer of your StraighterLine courses. In our recent webinar, StraighterLine Enrollment Counselors Brandon Wright and Sharde Torres take a look at how to determine if the courses you take with us will be accepted by your college or university.
In this webinar, we cover:
- How to earn credit at state universities, community colleges, private institutions, and innovative online schools.
- A walk-through of the credit transfer process, from start to finish, so that even before you start your first StraighterLine course you’ll have a clear picture of what’s ahead.
- The StraighterLine experience as a student -- including a glimpse at our student dashboard, learning resources, and special features.
We also provide resources to help simplify the credit transfer process, including our:
- StraighterLine College Credit Transfer Guide
- StraighterLine Transfer Review email template
- Link to our Free Trial so you can experience what it’s like to take a StraighterLine course first hand.
Check out the entire discussion by watching the full webinar on-demand.
Please note: The promo code mentioned in this webinar was provided to attendees and expires on 11/1/19.
Prefer to read a summary? We’ve provided some of the same great credit transfer content in written form below.
How to Earn Credit with Schools that Partner with StraighterLine
Over 130 accredited colleges and universities have partnered with StraighterLine and guarantee credit transfer of StraighterLine courses.The first step in earning credit at a partner is to verify that you are attending a StraighterLine partner school:
- Visit our full list of StraighterLine Partners
- Confirm that your school is listed and has its own partner page with us
If your school is a partner with us, it’s easy to see which courses will transfer into your degree program. We have created course equivalency guides for each of our partner schools that lists which StraighterLine courses will transfer and how many credits will be awarded.
Here’s how to view the Course Equivalency Guide for your school:
- Find your school on the StraighterLine partner page
- Click on “View Courses” and see which courses transfer to your school and for how many credits
Once you’ve received confirmation that your StraighterLine courses will be accepted for credit, it’s time to enroll in your StraighterLine online college course. To receive course credit via a StraighterLine transcript, you will need to complete your course with a passing grade (70%).
How to Request StraighterLine Transcripts
To request a StraighterLine transcript, simply submit your StraighterLine transcript request in your MyLine account and it will be sent to your school.
Your StraighterLine Transcript will contain:
- Course Name
- Letter Grade
- Number Grade
- Completion Date
- Proctored Exam Confirmation
Once you request your official StraighterLine Transcript, it will be sent to your school to be reviewed for college credit. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing the transcript and up to an additional 2 weeks for credit transfer processing at your school. Transcript delivery and processing can be quicker if your school accepts electronic transcripts.
How to Earn Credit with School that Accept ACE Credit Recommendations
The American Council on Education (ACE) helps students gain academic credit for training taken outside traditional degree programs.
- 100% of StraighterLine academic courses are ACE CREDIT Recommended
- Courses have been accepted for credit by over 400 partners college & universities within the ACE CREDIT Network
- National leader ACE CREDIT leads in the evaluation of education obtained outside the classroom
To confirm that your school is a part of the ACE CREDIT® College & University Network, visit ACE online at acenet.edu/crm/cup/ to see if your school is on the list. You will need to confirm with your school that they will accept your StraighterLine course for credit. We have prepared a StraighterLine Transfer Review email template for students to use to expedite this process.
Once you’ve received written confirmation that your StraighterLine courses will be accepted for ACE Credit, it’s time to enroll in your StraighterLine online college course. To receive course credit for an ACE Credit Transcript, you will need to complete your course with a passing grade (70%).
How to Request ACE Transcripts
Upon completion of your StraighterLine course(s), and with written confirmation that your school accepts ACE Credit, you can use an ACE CREDIT® Transcript for credit transfer purposes.
To receive an ACE Credit transcript, submit your ACE transcript request through the ACE CREDIT® Registry and Transcript System. Use our How to Order an Official ACE Transcript document to walk you through the transcript request process.
Your ACE Transcript will contain:
- Course Name (StraighterLine Name)
- Course Number (ACE Number)
- Credit Value
- Satisfactory S-Grade
- Completion Date
Once you request your official ACE Transcript, it will be sent it to your college advisor or registrar to be reviewed for college credit. It can take 7-14 days to process your ACE transcript request.
How to Earn Credit with Schools that Do Not Have an Existing Partnership with Us
If you are not attending a StraighterLine partner school, to simplify the credit transfer process,
StraighterLine has created an email template that you can use to request a course transfer review at your school.
- Create an email using our StraighterLine Transfer Review email template, along with our StraighterLine Course with Syllabi & ACE Reviews List to request a course evaluation and determine program applicability. You’ll find out if your course will transfer as an equivalency, fulfill a general requirement, or be applied as elective credit as well as how many credits will be applied.
- Once you have customized your email template to reflect your personal information and request/s, send it to your institution’s Academic Advising office (if you are a current student at your college/university) or your institution’s Admissions Office (if you are a prospective student).
- Finally, request to receive, in writing, confirmation that your StraighterLine course will transfer, and how it will be counted. For example, will it be accepted as an elective, a direct course equivalent, or a general education requirement? Be sure to also verify if/how the course will fulfill your specific degree program requirement(s).
Once you’ve received written confirmation that your StraighterLine courses will be accepted for credit, it’s time to enroll in your StraighterLine online college course. To receive course credit, you will need to complete your course with a passing grade (70%).
Upon completion of your StraighterLine course(s), you can use a StraighterLine transcript or an ACE CREDIT® Transcript for credit transfer purposes. Be sure to send the transcript accepted and preferred by your school to prevent any delays.
Have Questions? Speak to an Enrollment Counselor
If you have questions around earning college credit at StraighterLine, including how to get started or course transfer, our enrollment counselors can help you get started. Give us a call today at 877-787-8375.
If you’re ready to give StraighterLine a try, sign up for a free trial today.