New College Course Profile: Personal Finance
Are you interested in getting better control over your own personal finances? Are you helping a family member plan for retirement - or are you making retirement plans yourself? Or are you thinking about a career as a financial planner or investment advisor?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, investigate StraighterLine’s new Personal Finance course. This new college course is designed to help you understand, plan, and manage your financial affairs. It will focus on the development of practical methods of organizing your financial information, interpreting your personal financial position and cash flow, developing achievable and worthwhile goals, and implementing actionable plans and risk management techniques to meet them.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze the personal and legal aspects of estate planning.
- Assess risk before investing.
- Calculate the cost of securing a loan and know how to go about applying for credit.
- Calculate your taxable income and taxes owed to the IRS.
- Create a plan for making personal financial and career decisions.
- Understand mutual funds.
- Plan for retirement.
- Understand disability insurance and how it can protect you from loss.
This college course offers a great way to learn the basics of personal financial planning in a matter of weeks. It’s just one of eight new courses that StraighterLine announced this month. Is it just the course you are looking for?
New College Course Profile: Introduction to Criminal Justice
New College Course Profile: Introduction to Sociology
New College Course Profile: Introduction to Business
New College Course Profile: Introduction to Nutrition
New College Course Profile: Pharmacology I and Pharmacology II