What’s the best career for you? If that question is on your mind this summer, the editors at StraighterLine found some online tests that can help you decide. Most of them are free, and they can help you discover the career that suits you best.
- John Holland Career Aptitude Test. This test takes 20-30 minutes to complete, costs $9.95, and offers an in-depth analysis of your career strengths.
- GoodTherapy.org Career Personality & Aptitude Test. This free test has 240 questions, takes about an hour to complete, and offers insights into the kind of career that would be best for you.
- CareerColleges.com Free Career Assessment Test. This free quiz asks 15 questions, provides immediate career feedback, and suggests programs of study.
- Similar Minds Career Test. This free quiz uses only 30 questions to help you evaluate the kind of careers that suit your personality best.
And Two Tests that Are Different
- Monster.com Career Mapping Tool. This free interactive tool from Monster.com, now in beta testing, works differently from the other quizzes described above. Instead of answering questions about your interests, traits, and skills, you select a career that you would like to consider, and then determine how well it suits you.
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® instrument. This is the granddaddy of all interactive personality tests. You can’t sign up and take it online. Instead, you have to visit the official Myers & Briggs Foundation website and find a trained professional to administer and analyze the test results.
Further Career Explorations
Don’t forget that taking online summer classes (or any other time of year anywhere, anytime!) here at StraighterLine offers another great way to determine whether you are suited to a career in science, business, or other fields.