StraighterLine: An Alternative to Udemy
When it comes to online courses, there are many new and unusual models to choose from. As pioneers in offering affordable, 3- and 4- credit introductory college courses online, StraighterLine welcomes innovators who help students lower the cost of college.
But not all online course providers are the same. You need to do your homework.
If you’re thinking about taking courses from Udemy, answer the following questions:
- Do you want to take courses for college credit?
- Do you want to transfer your courses to an accredited college or university where you intend to get your degree?
- When it’s time to transfer credits, do you want expert help with the process?
- Do you want access to one-on-one tutoring if you need it?
- Do you want the most flexibility with course start and end dates?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we have one more question for you:
Did you know with Udemy, the answer to all of those questions is no?
At StraighterLine, the answer is YES.
ACE Credit has evaluated and recommended our courses. More than 2,000 colleges and universities consider ACE CREDIT recommendations in determining the applicability to their course and degree programs.
Here’s what else you get at StraighterLine:
- Expert Credit Transfer Assistance
- Flexible scheduling including start times, test dates and course access
- Personal Student Advisor
- Proctored Exam option
Affordable courses are good... when you can get credit for them!
StraighterLine and Udemy are each affordable... although we don’t offer any free courses. But what good is free if you can’t get credit for it? You can afford StraighterLine courses and you can get credit for them. Choose from 2 affordable pricing plans:
- College for $99 a Month subscription plan Take unlimited courses, with a $49/course 1 time registration fee
- Freshman Year for $999 Take up to Ten 3- and 4- credit courses
With StraighterLine, you can save thousands of dollars on your required college courses... and unlike Udemy, you can transfer them for full credit.
The choice is clear: StraighterLine
If you want to lower the cost of your college education by taking self-paced, online college courses and then transferring them for credit, the smarter choice is StraighterLine.
See what StraighterLine courses are like: start a free trial today!