As a reader of this blog, you already know tons of reasons why it makes so much sense to learn online. You can study anywhere, from Trenton to Uzbekistan. You can work a job during the day and earn a college degree at night. You can start college or earn a degree while you’re in the military. If you enroll in StraighterLine, you can slash the cost of college dramatically, even complete a year of college courses for $1,000 or less.
But here are some secret benefits of online learning that you might not have thought about . . .
- You’ll never be late to class again
- Nobody will care if you’re having a bad hair day
- You will save a ton of money on gas
- You won’t have to sit in traffic on the way to school
- You can get up and walk around any time you want without a professor scowling at you
- You’ll never be around attractive members of the opposite sex again – no more being distracted in class, getting into traffic accidents while driving across campus, etc.
- You’ll never get a parking ticket on campus or get your car towed
- Nobody will ever spike your drink
- Go ahead and scratch yourself anyplace you want – nobody’s looking
- You can take a day off anytime you want
- Go ahead and crack a beer (or any other beverage) while you’re studying
- No meal plans or hideous cafeteria food
- You can have a private toga party whenever you want
- No more foul-smelling, sex-addicted, snoring roommate
- You’ll never need an excuse to get a new computer
- No more raising your hand and giving the wrong answer
- No need to learn to tap a keg of beer
- You can go to class naked
- You’ll be safe from campus violence
- You can go to any football game you want and root for any team you want
- You can save a fortune by avoiding the latest campus fashions
- You can roll out of bed and go straight to class
- You can position yourself as a 'greenie' by saying that distance learning is good for the environment
- No real need to turn off your cell phone in class
- If you don’t know a word, a concept, or anything else, you can look it up without embarrassment
- You’ll fit right in no matter your age
- You can take tests when you want to – an extra day to study is no problem
- “I go to college online” is a great ice-breaker or pickup line
- Your aunts and uncles will be proud of you for the first time
- The really really cool kids won’t make you feel like a dweeb
- There’s no point making spitballs, unless you want to
- If you fall asleep in class, nobody will know
And perhaps the greatest benefit of all . . .
You get to do college your own way, in your own time, cut through the crap, save a bundle - and get to the learning. That could be the main reason why distance learning courses beat life on campus, hands down.
Is Online Learning the Cure for the Common Cold?
Study in the Wee Hours at that All-Night Café
The Birth of Distance Learning
StraighterLine Takes the Fright Out of Higher Education
Paying for College or a New Corvette - You Decide
Two Great Companies = Big Savings for Students
Information Colleges Don't Want You to Know