Colleges and universities around the world use the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) process to evaluate what you've learned outside the classroom for the purpose of assigning academic credit. PLA allows you to translate the real-world knowledge you've gained through work experience, corporate or military training, civic activity, independent study, and even hobbies into actual college credit that counts.
You’ve gained skills and knowledge in your life and on the job. But did you know that you could earn college credit for the things you already know? The first step is demonstrating that the knowledge you have is “college level.” StraighterLine’s partners can help you evaluate the level of your learning through a process called Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) and give you the courses and tools you need to translate your real-world experiences into real college credit.
Enrolling in StraighterLine courses is now even more affordable, more convenient and faster with eTextbooks included at no additional cost. More information on StraighterLine eTextbooks
- Prior Learning Assessment
Out of stockPlus Membership [?]
The StraighterLine Advantage
- Lengthy application and delay to start
- Pricey textbooks required per course
- Conform to their schedule
- No flexibility in exam schedule
- Finish in 9 to 12 weeks
- Complicated transcript process
- One-year tuition and fees ($30,094*)
- Sign up and get started in minutes
- eTextbooks included for FREE
- Work at your own pace
- Take your exam when you’re ready
- Finish in less than 30 days (4-6 weeks)
- No-fee transcripts and easy credit transfer
- One-year tuition and fees ($1299*)
*Tuition data from “Trends in College Pricing: 2013” The College Board.
(At 4-year public and private institutions, tuition and fees ranges from $8,000-$30,000 per year)