Senior Graphic Designer
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Senior Graphic Designer leads the creative aspect of our cross-functional teams to produce high quality creative assets for StraighterLine. A successful candidate will be responsible for brand positioning, strategic marketing initiatives and end-to-end look and feel and will be able to deliver solutions tailored for StraighterLine customers (B-2-C) and Partner audiences (B-2-B).
The Senior Graphic Designer will also create a wide range of interactive communication products. Using text, data, graphics, sound, animation and other digital and visual effects, they may work on projects such as internet sites, online learning, training materials and interactive assets.
A demonstrable ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics. And a thorough awareness of graphic design best practices, typography, and interaction design are essential for producing work satisfying StraighterLine visual brand standards across multiple departments. The Senior Graphic Designer will also be accountable to adhering to the brand standards of StraighterLine partners and implementing appropriate co-branding when applicable and has a proven track record of successfully delivering across a wide scope of projects (e.g. website campaigns, conference booths, training materials, ecommerce customer experience funnel, corporate swag and more.) The Senior Graphic Designer ensures that the StraighterLine brand is properly conveyed to consumers and partners. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for managing the overall visual aspects of all advertising and media campaigns and directs the execution and application of those designs in the work of marketing, promotions and product development team members.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Baltimore, Maryland office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the brand’s ongoing interactive and visual designs conform to established style guides; proposes updated style guide requirements as necessary
- Determines how best to represent marketing and product concepts visually while adhering to established StraighterLine (and partner) branding guidelines
- Offers design solutions/compromise without diminishing overall brand standards
- Works closely with the UX/UI front-end development team to conceptualize and deliver interactive design solutions that meet product and audience requirements
- Develops the overall style of advertising campaigns and integrates them with the end-to-end experience
- Reviews and approves photography, art, colors, layouts, or other design elements
- Coordinates and approves design activities within the marketing, product, and tech departments
- Provides level-of-effort estimates and is accountable for those estimates; communicates any required changes to deadlines and seeks assistance as necessary
- Coordinates with external vendors and agencies as is needed
- Designs and proposes A/B testing for layout and conversion improvement
- Mastered composition techniques (multiple elements and interactive pieces) in producing polished final pieces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and time management with prioritization
- Excellent project management skills and ability to move adeptly between strategic and hands on contribution
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail and with very little supervision
- Demonstrates success in combining conceptual and strategic thinking
- A collaborative and positive disposition
- Ability to compromise and communicate
- Able to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
Education & Experience
- BFA or Graphic Design certificate preferred
- 5 years graphic design experience
- 5+ years of interactive experience preferred
- A portfolio demonstrating a variety of styles and capabilities
- Experience working with and developing major brand assets
- Department: Marketing
- Manager: VP Marketing
- Work Location: Baltimore - HQ
- Job Type: Mid-Level
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New York City-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.
Interested candidates can e-mail their resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "StraighterLine Senior Graphic Designer".