Marketing and Business Analyst
Do you get excited by numbers and identifying areas for business improvement? Do you love being able to communicate complex information in elegant ways? Do you prefer Moneyball over Bull Durham? If so, read on.
The Marketing & Business Analyst will work directly with the Director of Analytics as well as other stakeholders company-wide to discover opportunities to drive business performance using a variety of data from many sources. This critical hire will help transform data into actionable business decisions.
The position will require someone with analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills. Someone who cares about detail, enjoys numbers, and the possibilities they enable. Someone who enjoys developing and working with analytical models, data visualization tools, and analytical processes to present useful and actionable information to stakeholders across the company.
Marketing and Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop tools and services such as dashboards, hypothesis generation and testing, modeling, reports and data insights.
- Understand, document, and analyze data requirements and translate those requirements into analytics/reporting requirements and end-user presentations at every level of the organization.
- Design and support the implementation of analytics and reports for business partners.
- Work closely with the various departments to implement reports and to understand/utilize data elements in the enterprise data warehouse.
- Stay current with new analytical tools and industry trends.
- Improve processes relating to reporting and ad-hoc analysis to improve data accuracy, visibility, and value.
- Analyze data across functional groups.
- Identify online KPI’s along with the larger team, and create holistic dashboards by pulling data from multiple data sources.
- Provide routine reporting to and presentations to internal teams.
- Be able to identify preliminary gaps in the data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements.
- Setup and manage advanced segments, event tracking, and custom reports to identify progress against online KPI’s.
- Develop core insights from the data to suggest, create and execute A/B tests that drive fundamental improvements and report on the results.
- Develop reporting and internal communication channels through the use of tools such as infographics, dashboards or other reporting methods.
- Provide the development necessary to implement tracking on pages and associated reporting with Google Analytics or other dashboards.
Marketing and Business Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Business or a Quantitative Field.
- 2-4 years work experience with proven business experience and technical expertise in analytics, charting, and modeling.
- Must be highly versed/skilled in Microsoft Excel; Advanced modeling tool experience preferred (eg. SPSS, R).
- Knowledge and comfort with statistics, dashboards, and data mining techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, decision support and performance analysis, and forecasting.
- Excellent project management, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Very strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects through to completion, switching priorities and focus as needed.
- Strong attention to detail with high reliability.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics.
- Ability to interpret analytics and identify Key Performance Indicators.
- Ability to assist in the development of a high-level tracking and reporting strategy designed to inform and direct the activity of content and site functionality development.
- Knowledge of general web development processes a plus.
Interested candidates can e-mail their resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Marketing and Business Analyst".