Associate Manager, Digital Marketing
A unique opportunity to be part of a young and thriving online education company located in Baltimore’s flourishing start-up community. The Associate of Manager Digital Marketing will be responsible for selecting, managing and developing online media plans in support of lead generation and conversion activities to drive the growth of new enrollments for StraighterLine.
The Associate Manager of Digital Marketing will be an important member of the Digital Marketing team focused on selecting, developing and optimizing online media plans in support of lead generation and conversion.
As a key contributor to the lead acquisition team, this individual will need a strong understanding of digital marketing and advertising outlets such as online, social, mobile and email. This person must be strong at vendor management, and have a passion to succeed within a demanding, fast paced and changing environment. The candidate will be responsible for researching, making recommendations on, implementing and optimizing digital campaigns across multiple channels in pursuit of high quality leads and conversions in support of business goals. Attention to detail, accountability, deadline driven and being highly analytical are critical to this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, negotiation, and implementation of online marketing media strategy and tactics for securing high quality prospective student leads.
- Manage and maintain relationships with external agencies including, but not limited to SEM, affiliates, social media, display and other sources of leads.
- Generate leads and conversions using various social media channels.
- Ensure proper delivery of campaigns from inception, creative development, and price negotiation, through reporting and results measurement.
- Work with non-standardized data (in a start-up environment) across multiple systems, to align data and key findings.
- Review site analytics, including but not limited to path analysis with Google Analytics and AdWords, to identify and optimize possible campaign changes
- Recognize and identify areas of weakness or poor performance, as well as highlight the strength of campaigns.
- Make corrections and improvements to campaigns based on historic performance to improve on key metrics to achieve best marketing spend ROI.
- Manage the budget and media planning process with suppliers in accordance with monthly, quarterly, and yearly plans.
- Research and communicate industry and channel trends, as well as competitive threats and opportunities
- Present findings via written or verbal presentations to peers, leadership and/or vendors.
- A deep understanding of lead generation business drivers
- Ability to execute on multiple projects while closely measuring the impact of each project and changing course when needed
- Thrive in a fast pace, always evolving environment
- Proven critical thinking, analytic, and synthesis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to assist in collaboration across multiple departments
- Excellent project management and research skills
- Ability to develop strategy, oversee vendors, coordinate with internal stakeholders across the business, and present on progress to senior management
- Resourceful and self-motivated with an interest in learning and growing in the position
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field or comparable industry experience required
- 3+ years of SEM, Media Buying and Social Media experience in the Digital Marketing space
- Extensive experience in Google Analytics and Adwords
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Direct response experience and prior work in the education industry are a plus
- Work Location: Baltimore - HQ
- Travel Needed: 0 - 5%
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New York City-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.
Interested candidates can e-mail their resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Associate Manager, Digital Marketing".