Monsters University, the new Disney/Pixar sequel to Monsters Inc., won’t appear in movie theaters until June 21st. We can’t wait. We want to see the film. Heck, we want to enroll in Monsters University and start going to college there as soon as possible.
Why Monsters University is Tons Better than any MOOC
If you visit the Monsters University official website, you’ll quickly discover that this virtual university offers a ton of great stuff that cannot be matched by any of the Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs) today. On the Monsters University website, you can . . .
- Design your own monster avatar and print out your personal student ID card for Monsters University. Try that at a MOOC!
- Download computer wallpaper that shows Mike Wazowski, Sully, or another one of your favorite monsters.
- Watch all the trailers for the movie.
- Read all about the illustrious history of Monsters University.
- Play Tic-Tac-Throw, an online game where you bounce ping pong balls onto the stomach of a sticky green monster.
- Shop online for official Monsters University apparel.
- Take the MAT (Monster Aptitude Test) online. It isn’t much of a test, but even so, it is a lot more fun than the SAT or the ACT ever will be.
Those are only a few of the fun things you can do on the Monsters University site. Visit today and you’ll be just like we are – waiting eagerly for the movie to arrive at our local theater. See you on campus!
“Admission,” the Movie, Hides Truths among its (Very Funny) Plot Twists
Knowledge through Art: What today’s Students Can Learn from Animal House
Knowledge through Art: What The House Bunny Teaches Us about American Higher Education