Welcome the New Normal
You can call it distance learning. You can call it iCollege. You can call it online study.
It doesn’t matter what you call it. What does matter is that higher education has just undergone the greatest revolution in its history. If you think that statement is an exaggeration, look at all the changes that have taken place over the last few years . . .
- You can start going to college while you are still in the military.
- You can complete a college degree while you are working a job.
- You can take low-cost college courses online, cut the time you are in college, and save a ton of money.
- You can start college without taking the SAT or other standardized tests.
- Thanks to StraighterLine, you can complete a degree without going deep into debt.
- You no longer have to put on a jacket and tie and get the once-over at a college interview.
- You can slash the costs of college to as little as $999/year.
- You no longer need a raccoon coat or a beanie to be a big deal on campus.
- You can prepare for your college success by taking courses ahead of time, when they don’t really “count.”
- You can complete college courses as slowly and carefully as you like, without making a professor grumpy.
- You no longer have to cram or pull all-nighters before exams.
- You can attend class whenever you want – midnight, vacations, anytime.
- If nobody in your family ever went to college before, it doesn’t matter. Starting college is up to you.
- If you don’t live in America, you can earn a degree at an American college or university anyway.
- You don’t have to eat stringy cafeteria food, unless you want to.
These new realities add up to what could be called “The New Normal.”
But as you might have noticed, “The New Normal” isn’t just new. It’s a whole lot better too.
32 Benefits of Online Learning
The Birth of Distance Learning
Take Control of College!
Start College without a Full Body Scan
Busted Myth of the Week: It’s Best to Attend an Elite College