StraighterLine is proud to be chosen as a founding and leading alternative credit provider for the American Council on Education Credit Recommendation Service’s Alternative Credit Project, (ACP) an effort by ACE and the Gates Foundation to assist the over 31 million U.S. adults who are eligible to start or return to college by providing affordable and flexible college solutions to the rising cost of college.
The project reviews courses from a select group of providers and creates guaranteed transfer pathways to nearly 40 colleges. The list of guaranteed courses and colleges will be released in October of 2015.
Alternative Credit Transfer Made Easy
At StraighterLine, we help students successfully and affordably start, or re-start, college every single day through our fast, affordable, and transferable online courses. We know today’s college students. Most are trying to improve their job and career prospects. They are ambitious, determined and a little bit nervous. They know that people with a bachelor’s degree earn 56% more than those with a high school degree over a lifetime.
However, only 58% of students that start college receive a degree within 6 years. That means that 42% of those who start don’t finish. Because college isn’t cheap, almost half of all students spend their savings and incur debt for college without receiving the payoff they expect. This is simply unacceptable.
Students Deserve Better
Six years ago, StraighterLine was founded to provide a high-quality, low-cost alternative to the rising cost of college. With a $99/month StraighterLine membership and a small per-course fee, you can enroll in an unlimited number of high-quality online courses that are guaranteed to transfer to nearly 100 partner colleges and soon, ACP participants. Today, StraighterLine is the fastest growing provider of academic credit.
Through our participation in the Alternative Credit Project, we are making it even easier for students to earn college credit that costs much less than a college. By starting college outside of college a student can save money AND dramatically reduce their financial risk.
Benefits of the Alternative Credit Project (ACP) & StraighterLine
StraighterLine is the Alternative Credit Project’s most experienced low-cost online course provider. By taking select online courses with StraighterLine you can build up transferable general education course credits, saving you money and time. Here are some of the key benefits of earning alternative credit through StraighterLine:
- Proven. Founded in 2010, StraighterLine is ACP’s most experienced provider of alternative credit.
- Recommended. StraighterLine courses offered through the Alternative Credit Project have undergone ACE’s credit recommendation process and have been granted an ACE CREDIT® recommendation.
- Trusted. StraighterLine courses have also been reviewed and recommended by participating ACP colleges and universities, a variety of additional accredited colleges and other entities like the College Board and the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Free Credit Transfer. Free credit transfer to selected participants in the ACP project and most of StraighterLine’s partner colleges.
- Exclusive Partner College Network. In addition to transferring to participating ACP schools, StraighterLine courses are also guaranteed to transfer to nearly 100--and growing-- partner colleges in the StraighterLine College Savings Network.
- Tuition Discounts -- StraighterLine’s partner colleges can choose to participate in StraighterLine’s Scholarship program. Students completing four or more StraighterLine courses are eligible to receive additional tuition discounts and scholarships at participating colleges.
- Superior Student Support. Each StraighterLine membership comes with 10 free hours of tutoring. Through our award-nominated student dashboard, MyLine, student support is available anywhere, anytime. Students or prospects can chat online, give us a call at 877-785-2722, or visit our Help Center. Our Student Advisors love helping out, and they're able to assist students with everything from logging in to a course to requesting a transcript.
Ready When You Are!
Whether it's enrolling in your first StraighterLine course, getting help from a StraighterLine Student Advisor, receiving personalized on-demand tutoring, or easy transfer of your StraighterLine courses, we’re honored to offer students a quality credit pathway to a low-cost degree.