StraighterLine is pleased to announce the addition of two new hires to our executive team, Aimee Leishure and Mike Purcell, to help lead and manage the company’s continued growth. Leishure has been named StraighterLine’s new Chief Financial Officer and SVP Operations and Purcell joins the company as the new EVP of Sales. With these recent executive-level hires, StraighterLine is well positioned to meet increased demand from both students and university partners and support the growth of online learning in higher ed.
As senior vice president and chief financial officer for StraighterLine, Aimee Leishure will lead strategic areas of growth for the company.
- Before joining StraighterLine, Aimee was Senior Vice President of Business Transformation for Laureate International Universities, where she directed all aspects of strategic business and digital transformation while also overseeing shared service operations.
- In addition to managing a $60 million operating budget, Aimee set up a new strategic direction and organizational design for operations, customer experience and technology solutions.
- Graduated from the University of Delaware with an accounting degree and is a CPA. She has also completed an executive education course at the MIT Sloan School of Management called "Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy."
Joining StraighterLine, as Senior VP of Sales, Mike Purcell will bring more than 25 years of senior management, sales, and operational experience to this executive leadership position.
- Prior to StraighterLine, Mike was President of Zovio Employer Services and was responsible for strategic business and operational management to deliver education technology services to Fortune 500 employers in North America.
- Over his career Mike has also held notable executive sales roles at higher education and technology companies that include Keypath Education, Pearson Embanet, Software Secure, Sungard Higher Education, Collegis, and Postini.
- Holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration from Cornell University.
We invite our university and college partners to join us in welcoming our new executives as they look forward to working with you and your school to help you reach enrollment, retention, and student persistence goals.
StraighterLine is a college readiness and student success company that helps colleges and universities create and operate – with no upfront or ongoing costs – online pathway programs for pre-college, at-risk, and stopped-out students.
If you have questions around how your school can work with StraighterLine, give us a call today at (844) 407-1242 or visit our partnership website.