Today’s post is the eighth in a series of practical tips on how to save money on college.
Today’s saving money on college tip is:
Maximize AP Credits.
Motivated students know that you can take AP classes and tests to bypass introductory college courses. The more general education courses you place out of prior to enrolling in school reduces the length of time required for you to earn your degree when your credit transfers.
"The less time you spend enrolled in college means the less tuition you have to pay - and that can save you thousands on your degree."
What Do Low-Cost Online Courses and AP Exams Have in Common?
Both offer you an alternative pathway to earn college credits in courses across a number of subject areas. And yet, there are some significant differences too:
- The AP program is particularly effective for students enrolled in high schools that offering AP classes designed to “teach to the test.” If you don't have access to an AP class at your school, you can take online courses in the AP subject areas. Yet unless you are enrolled in a high school that offers AP classes, preparing for AP exams is left up to you.
- You need to schedule and lock in AP exam dates ahead of time. In contrast, taking credit-bearing online courses allow you to fit higher ed into your schedule. You can complete your StraighterLine courses anywhere, anytime. There is no need to schedule a test and travel to take it - and you can complete online courses on your own pace and take exams whenever you are ready.
Today’s scholarship highlight is:
Save up to 37% on your degree with the Mount Washington College Partner Grant & StraighterLine.
Mount Washington College is one of the participating StraighterLine Partner Colleges that offer a scholarship exclusively for StraighterLine transfer students.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete just 4 StraighterLine courses to be eligible for a Mount Washington College Partner Grant.
- Take the maximum number of courses at StraighterLine that fit into your degree program and save up to 37% on your degree from Mount Washington College.
It’s easy to qualify. There are no essays, lengthy applications or deadlines. All you need to do is complete four StraighterLine courses and transfer them to Mount Washington College. Your discount will be applied to the participating college’s tuition when you enroll.
Related Posts You Might Be Interested in:
- Finish Your First Year (or More) of College at StraighterLine - Save Money on College Tip Twelve
- A Simple Way to Dramatically Drop the Cost of College If You are a Working Adult - Save Money on College Tip Eleven
- How to Get On the Most Direct Path to College Graduation - Save Money on College Tip Ten
- This May Be the Best Strategy to Get an Affordable College Degree - Save Money on College Tip Nine
- How To Start Saving on College With This Smart Hack - Save Money on College Tip Seven
- Test Your Way to a Cheaper Degree - Save Money on College Tip Six
- Where to Find Affordable & Accredited Degree Programs Online - Save Money on College Tip Five
- Here's How to Pay the Lowest Price for Your College Classes this Summer - Save Money on College Tip Four
- Cut Your College Tuition in Half - Save Money on College Tip Three
- How to Save Money on College with Low-Cost Online Courses - Save Money on College Tip Two
- How to Pay Less for College & Get a Scholarship This Year – Save Money on College Tip One
- Education is Expensive – Lowering the Cost of College