Today’s post is the last in our series of 12 practical tips on how to save money on college.
Today’s saving money on college tip is:
Take Your First Year (or More) of College at StraighterLine.
Have you ever considered taking a full year of college courses online? Whether you’re going back to college as an adult learner, or starting college right after high school, online courses can help you save thousands of dollars on your degree.
When you enroll in our Full Year of College plan, you can take up to ten 3- and 4-credit general education courses for $1299.
Let's do the math. When you enroll in StraighterLine's Full Year of College for $1299 plan, you can take up to ten 3- and 4-credit general education courses. Let's say you complete ten 3-credit courses - those 30 credits would end up only costing you about $43 per credit!
Compare that to the average published college tuition and fees rates for undergraduates for 2013-2014 according to The College Board:
- Public 2-Year (In-State): $3,264
- Public 4-Year (In-State): $8,893
- Private Nonprofit 4-Year: $30,094
- For-Profit: $15,130
Even if you are thinking of going to your local community college, you’d save more than half by taking StraighterLine courses. And if you were planning on going to a private nonprofit 4-year school, you would save over 96% in tuition and fees! And that doesn’t even take into account room and board.
If you were thinking of going to your local community college, you’d save more than half by taking StraighterLine courses instead.
Also, you don't have to stop at your first year of college. What if you completed a third semester or even a second year worth of courses with StraighterLine? Our monthly membership is $99, plus your one-time per course fees. Let’s say you took another 5 courses at $49 each over the course of 5 months. That’s a total of $740 for another semester's worth of courses! StraighterLine offers students a great way to get cheap college credits and prepare for success in a rigorous online college environment.
Once you complete your courses, your credits are guaranteed to transfer to one of the nearly 100 accredited schools in our colleges savings network or be considered for transfer through ACE CREDIT to over 2,000 participating colleges and universities. Plus, once you complete 4 courses through StraighterLine, you automatically become eligible for a partner college scholarship, which can help you save up to 60% on your degree.
Today’s scholarship highlight is:
Save up to 44% on your degree with the Western International University Partner Benefit & StraighterLine.
Western International University is one of the participating StraighterLine Partner Colleges that has designed a partner benefit especially for StraighterLine transfer students to help cover the cost of tuition.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete just 4 StraighterLine courses to be eligible for the Western International University Partner Benefit.
- Take the maximum number of courses at StraighterLine that fit into your degree program and save up to 44% on your degree from Western International University.
It’s easy to qualify. There are no essays, lengthy applications or deadlines. All you need to do is complete four StraighterLine courses and transfer them to Western International University.
Related Posts You Might Be Interested in:
- A Simple Way to Dramatically Drop the Cost of College If You are a Working Adult- Save Money on College Tip Eleven
- How to Get On the Most Direct Path to College Graduation - Save Money on College Tip Ten
- This May Be the Best Strategy to Get an Affordable College Degree - Save Money on College Tip Nine
- Maximize AP Credits to Accelerate your Degree - Save Money on College Tip Eight
- How To Start Saving on College With This Smart Hack - Save Money on College Tip Seven
- Test Your Way to a Cheaper Degree - Save Money on College Tip Six
- Where to Find Affordable & Accredited Degree Programs Online - Save Money on College Tip Five
- Here's How to Pay the Lowest Price for Your College Classes this Summer - Save Money on College Tip Four
- Cut Your College Tuition in Half - Save Money on College Tip Three
- How to Save Money on College with Low-Cost Online Courses - Save Money on College Tip Two
- How to Pay Less for College & Get a Scholarship This Year – Save Money on College Tip One
- Education is Expensive – Lowering the Cost of College