Online English Composition I Course Profile
People who write well enjoy many advantages that you might not have considered. They . . .
- Enjoy a career advantage in today’s Internet age, because every website, email and other digital communication must be created by someone who writes well.
- Advance more quickly in their jobs, because people who write well get singled out for greater responsibilities.
- Are seen as more intelligent than other people who do not write well.
- Have an easier time producing top-quality presentations, memos, budgets and business documents of all kinds.
- Think on a higher level, because the process of writing clarifies thinking.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Plan written assignments quickly and eliminate “writer’s block.”
- Research your written work more quickly.
- Avoid common mistakes in grammar, punctuation and style.
- Identify and compose the following types of writing: argumentative, compare/contrast, descriptive, narrative, persuasive, and summary.
- Summarize and paraphrase existing written work, without plagiarizing.
- Successfully revise and edit your completed work.
And another thing – if you’re starting college in September, August could be a great time to polish up your writing before classes begin.