Meet the Executive Team
- Post-secondary, Post “Access”
- Higher Ed Reform, from the Chapter “Rethinking Accreditation,” College 2.0, an Entrepreneurial Approach to Reforming Higher Ed, Kauffman Foundation, June 2012
- Public Policy Barriers to Post-Secondary Cost Control - Prepared for the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) conference, "Increasing Accountability in American Higher Education," November 17, 2009. It was published by Macmillan/Palgrave in a book with the equally scintillating title of Accountability in American Higher Education.
- Price Competition and Course-Level Choice in K-12 Education: Lessons from Higher Ed - Prepared for the American Enterprise Institute Conference, "More Than Just Schools: Rethinking the Demand for Educational Entrepreneurship," December 7, 2009. It was published by Harvard Education Press in The Future of Educational Entrepreneurship.
- College by Subscription - American Enterprises Institute, September, 2009.
David Parento serves as Chief Operating and Financial Officer at StraighterLine, where he is responsible for managing the company's day-to-day operations, including overall financial, administration, legal and corporate development activities. He has spent the last twelve years building early-stage and growth companies as a venture capitalist and attorney. Most recently, David was a venture capitalist at Chrysalis Ventures, a leading technology and healthcare-focused venture capital fund doing early and growth-stage investments, where he focused on education and training sector investments. Earlier in his career, David was corporate finance and transactional lawyer with Davis Polk & Wardwell in California, London and New York, where he worked extensively in the firm's venture capital, private equity, capital markets and M&A practices. David has a BA from Yale University, a JD from Vermont Law School and a MSc, Management from the Stanford Graduate School of Business where he was a Sloan Fellow.
Matthew Kraft presently serves as the Vice President of Technology for StraighterLine, Inc. Prior to joining StraighterLine, Matt served as the Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Crawford Media Services, Inc in Atlanta GA from 2010-2012. In two years, Matt lead the technology team to built a Tier 3-targeted Data Center, Multi-PetaByte Private Storage Cloud (STAAS), Media Asset Management Solution (SAAS), and manage the company's build-out at its new Headquarters. Matt also headed the company's DataCenter Solutions Sales Team. Through that role, Matt successfully closed sales ranging from the Georgia Hospital Association (GHA) to Liberty University.
Prior to Crawford, Matt served as a Sr. Manager of Technology for the Advertising.com Group at Aol. Matt's Team at Aol directly managed the Affiliate and Lead Generation Platform, responsible for delivering over $500M in revenues from 2006-2010. From 1999-2006, Matt served in various capacities within the Web.com Group (formerly Interland, Inc.) More recently, Matt managed the Internal System Group. Through this work, Matt successfully transitioned the Backoffice Systems from the company's split with Peer1 Networks, Inc.
Prior to 1999, Matt served in various capacities for J/K Foods, Inc. the leading food retailer in Western North Dakota. Most recently, Matt managed the successful Joint Venture between J/K Foods and Coborn's, Inc in the Bakken Formation, Western North Dakota.
Matt graduated Magna Cum Laude from Georgia State University in 2005 with a degree in Bachelor of Business Administration, Management.
Joseph Thibault is Director of Academics at StraighterLine. He leads academic support and policy for StraighterLine’s catalog of credit bearing courses, coordinates qualitative feedback and is responsible for the ongoing maintenance, development, and review of new courses. Before joining StraighterLine, Joseph worked for three years managing the course catalog of low-cost provider of graduate-level professional development courses for K-12 teachers throughout the US. In his spare time he works to advance open education and content and manages a growing eLearning technology news site focused on the worlds most popular open source learning management system, Moodle (Moodlenews.com). Joseph received his Bachelors and M. Ed. from the University of Vermont..