StraighterLine: An Alternative to Udacity
These days, you have many choices in online college course providers. And while institutions and employers are far more comfortable with students who take classes online, you need to do your homework -- not all online course providers are the same!
If you’re thinking about taking courses from Udacity, ask yourself a few questions:
- Do you want to choose from dozens and dozens of courses for college credit, or just a few?
- Do you want to transfer your courses automatically to an accredited college or university where you intend to get your degree?
- Do you want access to one-on-one tutoring if you need it?
- When it’s time to transfer credits, do you want expert help with the process?
- Do you want to pay as little as $148 a course for a 3- or 4-credit college course?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we have one more question for you:
Did you know with Udacity, the answers to those questions may not be the ones you want?
At StraighterLine, the answers are YES.
ACE Credit has evaluated and recommended our courses. More than 2,000 colleges and universities consider ACE CREDIT recommendations in determining the applicability to their course and degree programs.
Here’s what else you get at StraighterLine:
- Personal Student Advisor
- Expert Credit Transfer Assistance
- Guaranteed transfer to partner schools
- Flexible scheduling including start times, test dates and course access
- Proctored Exam option
What good are free courses if you can’t get credit for them?
StraighterLine courses aren’t free like some Udacity courses... but they are affordable. Choose from:
- College for $99 a Month subscription plan. Take unlimited courses, with a $49/course 1 time registration fee
- Freshman Year for $1299. Take up to ten 3- and 4- credit courses
With StraighterLine, you can save thousands of dollars on your required college courses... and unlike Udacity, you can transfer more than just a few of them for full credit.
The choice is clear: StraighterLine
Shop around. Check out as many online college course providers as you can. But if you want to lower your college cost by taking self-paced, online courses and transferring them for credit, we know you’ll agree that StraighterLine is the smarter choice.
See what StraighterLine courses are like: start a free trial today!
Last update 6/13/13