About WGU Washington
- Time Magazine
WGU Washington is a nonprofit, online university established by the state of Washington to provide its citizens with flexible, affordable access to quality higher education. Created through a partnership with regionally accredited Western Governors University, WGU Washington is ideal for busy working adults who want to advance their careers by finishing a college degree or earning an advanced degree.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Business, Information Technology, Teacher Education, and Health Professions, including Nursing
- Flexible, competency-based learning that allows you to use your knowledge and experience to accelerate
- Affordable, flat-rate tuition
- One-on-one support by faculty mentors
As part of Western Governors University, WGU Washington offers degree programs that are:
- Regionally accredited. By the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities—the same accrediting body responsible for the accreditation of major institutions including the University of Washington and the Washington State University.
- NCATE Accredited. The Teachers College at WGU Washington, as a wholly owned subsidiary of Western Governors University, offers NCATE-accredited teaching degree programs. NCATE is the premier specialized accrediting body for teacher preparation and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- CCNE accredited. The nursing programs at WGU Washington are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- CAHIIM accredited. WGU Washington’s Health Informatics program is now accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- CNSS certified. WGU Washington's Information Security and Assurance program has been certified by the National Security Agency's Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program.
Special Offer for WGU Washington Students:
Start College Before College and get $50 back!
Get a coupon for $50 towards your initial StraighterLine course. Call 1-866-225-5948 for details.
Transfer StraighterLine Credits to WGU Washington
- Earn Credit for StraighterLine Courses at WGU Washington
WGU Washington accepts many of StraighterLine’s college-level courses for full credit.
Exclusive Special Offer
Celebrate our partnership with WGU Washington:
Get up to a $200 tuition credit* from WGU Washington when you transfer your StraighterLine courses to WGU Washington.
"WGU has been the perfect solution for me as it is very affordable, flexible, and responsive to my needs with their extensive mentor system. I have received excellent support at every turn and with this help I expect to graduate in 2 years instead of the usual 4 while still being able to provide for my family."
Join WGU Washington's social communities:Visit the WGU Washington Website
*The tuition credit is $50 per course for the first four (4) StraighterLine courses transferred upon admission to WGU Washington ($200 maximum). To qualify, courses must be (1) completed before his or her first term of enrollment at WGU Washington and (2) eligible for transfer to WGU as outlined in this page. WGU Washington applies the tuition credit to the student's first-term tuition bill at WGU Washington.
IMPORTANT: Students seeking to transfer into the Pre-Licensure Nursing Program at WGU Washington are required to earn a score of 73% or higher on their coursework at StraighterLine. Please contact WGU Washington advisors at 1.866.225.5948 for any other questions on the Pre-Licensure Nursing Program.