About WGU Texas
- Time Magazine
WGU Texas is a nonprofit, online university designed to expand access to higher education for Texas residents. Established by the state of Texas through a partnership with nationally recognized Western Governors University, WGU Texas offers 50 accredited undergraduate and graduate degree programs in high-demand career fields.
WGU Texas expands access to higher education for adult learners by providing:
- Access to quality education. An online, state-endorsed university, WGU Texas makes challenging, nationally recognized degree programs available to Texans who are not able to attend traditional colleges and universities.
- Career-focused bachelor's and master's degrees. WGU Texas offers degree programs in Business, Information Technology, Teacher Education, and Health Professions (including Nursing) that are relevant to the needs of Texas employers.
- Affordable tuition. A nonprofit university, WGU Texas's tuition is very affordable, comparing very favorably to Texas's public colleges and universities. Tuition is charged at a flat rate for six-month terms.
- Flexible online degree program. At WGU Texas, you will leverage the power of online learning to make your program as flexible as possible. You'll be able to balance work and family obligations while you complete your studies. And, we’ll never hold you back—if you have the time to devote to your studies, you can accelerate, finishing sooner and saving tuition costs.
Special Offer for WGU Texas Students:
Start College Before College and get $50 back!
Get a coupon for $50 towards your initial StraighterLine course. Call 1-866-225-5948 for details.
Get More Information
Transfer Credits from StraighterLine to WGU Texas
- Earn Credit for StraighterLine Courses at WGU Texas
WGU Texas accepts many of StraighterLine’s college-level courses for full credit.
Exclusive Special Offer
Celebrate our partnership with WGU Texas:
Get up to a $200 tuition credit* from WGU Texas when you transfer your StraighterLine courses to WGU Texas.
"I spent years trying to finish a degree, but WGU took away all the obstacles—I love the nonprofit status, tuition is reasonable, and being competency-based I could use my experience without having anything to slow me down."
Join WGU Texas' social communities:Visit the WGU Texas Website
*The tuition credit is $50 per course for the first four (4) StraighterLine courses transferred upon admission to WGU Texas ($200 maximum). To qualify, courses must be (1) completed before his or her first term of enrollment at WGU Texas and (2) eligible for transfer to WGU Texas as outlined in this page. WGU Texas applies the tuition credit to the student's first-term tuition bill at WGU Texas.
IMPORTANT: Students seeking to transfer into the Pre-Licensure Nursing Program at WGU Texas are required to earn a score of 73% or higher on their coursework at StraighterLine. Please contact WGU Texas advisors at 1.866.225.5948 for any other questions on the Pre-Licensure Nursing Program.