StraighterLine Student Advisor
StraighterLine, an online education company located in downtown Baltimore, is looking for a motivated, high-energy Student Advisor with excellent customer service and problem solving skills to join our Student Support Team. This individual will work closely with a large student body, communicating directly via an online ticketing system, as well as via phone and email to provide the high level of customer service in which StraighterLine prides itself. He or she will guide and assist students throughout their entire StraighterLine experience to help drive them towards course completion and enrollment at one of our 90+ Partner Colleges.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Student Advisors will provide excellent customer service and support via phone, email, online chat and ticketing system.
- Consistently maintain department-standard customer service expectations.
- Assist students from time of enrollment to completion in areas including, but not limited to, tech support, billing, course navigation, and credit transfer.
- Participate in outreach campaigns designed to drive specific company KPI’s.
- Student Advisors are responsible for providing individual and creative solutions for at-risk student populations to ensure success and increase completion rates.
- Must love working directly with customers, solving problems, and providing above and beyond customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Comfortable reading reports and data driven analysis of personal and team service.
- Excellent work ethic that is not confined to working within the limits of office hours.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail, while handling frequent interruptions
- Prioritize constantly changing tasks
- Adapt quickly to change
- Must possess positive disposition to ensure pleasant experience with employees throughout the day
- Some college experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior online education experience preferred
- Prior knowledge of higher education, credit transfer, and accreditation preferred
- Six months + customer service experience required
- Department: Student Support
- Manager: Manager of Student Support
- Work Location: Baltimore - HQ
- Job Type: Entry Level
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New YorkCity-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.
Interested candidates can e-mail their resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Student Advisor Candidate".