Senior Business Data Analyst
A unique opportunity to be part of a young and thriving Online Education company located in Baltimore’s flourishing start-up community. The Business Data Analyst will take a leadership role in managing and analyzing key company KPIs, performing data gathering and analysis around top clients, and assisting teams in building and revising financial models. They will also be responsible for providing customer acquisition and retention insights to help drive the business forward and grow accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Business Data Analyst will be the operational nucleus for all questions, concerns, and analysis around key company metrics and business data.
- Through a deep understanding of the student lifecycle within the StraighterLine experience, the Business Data Analyst will provide strategic recommendations based on seasonal trends, student cohorts, the acquisition funnel, and retention efforts.
- Presentation of analytic findings and strategic recommendations will need to be prepared and delivered via email, group meetings, and/or conference calls.
- The analyst will work most closely with internal groups, driving cross-functional collaboration and end to end data analysis of the student life cycle.
- The analyst will be responsible for managing, developing, and hiring analysts for the analytics team
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to respond to frequent pressure to meet deadlines when work speed and sustained accuracy are paramount
- Ability to exercise professional judgment to make and execute independent decisions
- Performs exceptionally well under pressure and tight timeliness with little to no direction/guidance.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail, handle frequent interruptions, set priorities, and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent work-ethic, not confined to working within the limits of office hours.
- Initiative to expand skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills to meet time and quality targets.
- Exceptional ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals, while consistently demonstrating and sustaining a pleasant, welcoming demeanor and positive attitude/personality
- Must possess positive disposition to ensure pleasant experience with employees throughout the day.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, finance, economics, or related field required
- 3-5 Years experience in analyst experience
- 2 Years+ of Management experience
- Experience in SQL is a plus
- Department: Analytics
- Manager: COO
- Work Location: Baltimore - HQ
- Job Type: Mid Level
- Travel Needed: 0-5%
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New YorkCity-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.
Interested candidates can e-mail their resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Senior Business Data Analyst".