Qualitative Grading Manager
StraighterLine.com, an innovative online education product that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs, is looking for a motivated, tech-savvy individual with experience teaching college-level composition/writing to assist our team in managing and improving our industry-leading high-quality feedback, evaluation and grading system.
- Maintain and improve both quality and efficiency of qualitative grading for English Composition and other writing courses
- Manage the grading queue to ensure the smallest possible backlog
- Evaluate all flagged papers for originality and coordinate responses to students promptly and in a manner that ensures student understanding of the issue and steps for resolution
- Resolve all identified grading discrepancies among evaluation staff
- Communicate high volume submission times and coordinate increased availability of graders to maintain the shortest turnaround times possible
- Recruit, hire, and train new staff to ensure future demand will be met
- Coordinate and hold regular norming sessions with all current evaluation staff providing direct and meaningful feedback to each grader
- Reporting and verifying monthly totals and providing tallies to the comptroller to ensure evaluators are paid on time
Desired Skills & Experience
- Candidates should have an advanced degree (Ph.D preferred) with academic focus in education, English, or other applicable field
- 3+ years working in higher education or higher education support services
- 3+ years course facilitation and delivery in an online format, experience facilitating English Composition or similar courses online at the college level a plus
- Experience creating and editing rubrics and applying them to student submissions
- Experience using and interpreting plagiarism detection software (e.g.Turnitin) reports
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff, creating and implementing training programs, and providing feedback to support staff a plus
- Ability to work autonomously, be a self-starter, and dedicated to completing daily activities thoroughly and consistently
- Intermediate level computer skills (working with web-based learning management and content management, customer relationship management, or student information systems), Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to provide constructive feedback to staff and students in a professional and timely manner
- Comfortable working with numbers, making projections, and communicating applicable information to internal staff
This position is contract-based and based in Baltimore, MD though after initial training may be carried out remotely but with regular in-office meetings. To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Qualitative Grading Manager” as the subject.