StraighterLine.com, an innovative online educational platform that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs, is looking for a passionate and driven Product Manager to lead multiple product lines through each phase of the product life cycle and execute against the StraighterLine strategic roadmap. The most qualified candidates will be adept at working in a fast paced startup environment and across functional teams to deliver innovative and complex products to market with the highest level of quality. The top candidate will be process and data driven, analytical, technical, a creative problem solver, continuous improvement minded and believe that the products they deliver will be responsible for impacting lives, changing the Education industry and possibly the world. This position will report to the VP of Product and Student Experience and is an onsite position located at StraighterLine Headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
Goals of the Position:
- Represent the voice of the customer focusing on student success and retention.
- Evangelize and align efforts to the product vision of StraighterLine and translate it in terms of the customer experience.
- Drive customer satisfaction for the StraighterLine student experience.
- Create and maintain the StraighterLine Product Roadmap and Backlog to effectively prioritize the highest ROI product initiatives in alignment with business objectives.
To accomplish these goals the best candidates will be able to:
- Be a product evangelist with an absolutely infectious energy and relentless drive for creating the best experience.
- Identify opportunity (features, products, services) by listening to customers, evaluating the marketplace and partner needs.
- Operate within an Agile Scrum team framework.
- Deliver initiatives aligned with the mission of the organization and its strategic goals.
- Stay focused in a fast paced dynamic environment and respond to rapid change.
- Generate innovative creative ideas and implement them in a practical timely solution.
- Ability to act independently to get things done and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate a collaboration style that motivates and engages others.
- Build rapport and relationships with individuals and groups in an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
- Collect and analyze rich data sets that describe student behaviors and profiles
- Create and maintain a force ranked Product Backlog (PBL) by prioritizing epics, features and user stories and incorporate feedback
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's in Product related degree; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- 3-5+ years of Product Management
- Demonstrated skills in direct to customer experience definition, growth strategy, market strategy, and incremental product-line evolution.
- Experience in online learning, adult learning; academic environment experience a plus but not required
- Deep experience utilizing the Agile Scrum process in a SAAS environment.
- Advanced critical thinking, data analysis, and synthesis skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled using Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs suite and Photoshop
- Experience with web and data reporting and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, Domo or similar.
- Has used tools, such as, Jira, Rally, VersionOne or similar in Scrum environments
- Familiar with conversion optimization and user testing tools a plus, e.g. Optimizely, UserTesting.com, Visual Web Optimizer, Adobe Test & Target or similar
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Travel less than 5% of time.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New York City-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.
Interested candidates can e-mail their resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Product Manager".