Unusual Sources of Financial Aid
If you’re applying to college and need financial aid, chances are that you have filled out a FAFSA and spoken with the financial aid officers at the colleges where you are applying. Those are important things to do. But there are other sources of financial aid that most people overlook.
Here are some unusual sources of funding that StraighterLine has uncovered for you . . .
- American Association of University Women offers information about a variety of scholarships for women. Check it out!
- American Council for International Education focuses on international programs for language instruction. So if that is your interest, here’s the place to go!
- AMIDEAST offers scholarship information for international students. If you are from the Middle East or Africa and want to study in the U.S., start here.
- Council for International Exchange of Scholars oversees the prestigious Fulbright Scholar Program for graduate study.
- GoAbroad.com offers information on summer and year-round programs in Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Germany, Israel, Japan and lots of other countries. It also lets you search for scholarships by country and field of study.
- Institute of International Education administers more than 200 international scholarship programs. Great if you are a student who is itching to study abroad.
- International Scholarships focuses on helping non-U.S. students obtain scholarships to study in America.
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships are available to students from all countries. It’s a program that’s been around for 40+ years and has helped thousands of students.
- ScholarshipExperts has an online scholarship search function that is powerful and easy to use.
Rising U.S. College Tuition Rates
Understanding Federal Financial Aid and The FAFSA
The Cost of Education: Trends and Options
10 Colleges that Offer the Best Financial Aid
Think Tuition is All You Pay? Think Again . . .
Seven Habits of Incredibly Frugal College Students
Seven Things Every Parent Needs to Know about Paying for College