By Jaclyn Nicholas
Commencement is a time of reflection and excitement. It is the perfect moment to look back on all of your accomplishments as well as towards the ones you will have in the future. Earning your degree is a great achievement, a culmination of all the time and effort you have put into your studies.
Many StraighterLine partner colleges will soon be celebrating this momentous occasion with their students. Several of our partner schools will also be featuring a prominent member of society as their commencement speaker. Be sure to check out the list for more information on dates and speakers.
Congratulations to all StraighterLine students graduating this year!
Indiana Tech -- May 14th: “Leave it to Beaver’s” Jerry Mathers
Liberty University -- May 14th: New York Giant’s Running back Rashad Jennings
University of Louisiana at Monroe -- May 14th: US Congressman Dr. Ralph Abraham
Newbury College -- May 15th: Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor Polito
Paul Smith's College -- May 7th: Editor and Director of the documentary film “Green Fire” Steve and Ann Dunsky
Excelsior University -- July 8th: General Peter Pace of the United States Marine Corps.
Additional Partner school ceremonies:
University of Phoenix -- May 14th
Brandman University -- May 14th
APUS -- June 18th
National Louis University -- June 12th
Cecil College -- May 15th
Ashford University -- May 1st
Strayer University -- May 14th
Grambling State University -- May 13th
UMUC -- May 13-15th
WGU -- July 16th
Colorado Technical University -- July 30th
Colorado State University - Global -- June 4th
DeVry University -- July 16th
Argosy University -- May 13-15th
As some additional inspiration to those who may still be working their way towards graduation, check out these quotes.
- “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” - William Butler Yeats
- “Learning is not a spectator sport.” - D. Blocher
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” - Abraham Lincoln
- “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” - Will Rogers
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” - H. Jackson Brown Jr.
About the Author: Jackie Nicholas is the office manager and a subject matter expert at StraighterLine. A former teacher with a BA in History and a passion for education, she assists students with course questions, works with partner colleges, and helps out with StraighterLine's recruiting and event management activities.