Anatomy and Physiology Course Profile
Whether you are thinking of entering a healthcare profession or simply want to fulfill a science course requirement at your college, StraighterLine’s Anatomy and Physiology I course could be a good choice for you.
It’s a comprehensive course that covers the human body’s structures and functions. After completing this course, you will be able to . . .
- Compare healthy and diseased tissues.
- Describe how cells function and divide.
- Describe how muscles, bones, and nerves work together to create movement.
- Describe how the body maintains homeostasis.
- Describe the interactions between various organ systems in the body.
- Describe the structural and function organization of the body.
- Describe the structure and function of sensory organs.
- Discuss the structures and functions of the integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous and endocrine systems.
- Explain how diseases and disorders of the body are detected and treated.
- Explain the characteristics of life.
- Name common diseases and disorders of the body and explain what causes them.
- Relate chemistry to anatomy and physiology.
- Use anatomical terminology.
This online Anatomy and Physiology course carries three college credits that you can transfer to the college of your choice through ACE Credit or one of our partner schools and thanks to StraighterLine’s innovative payment plans, you can earn those credits for a fraction of what they would cost at a traditional college.
How One Student Uses StraighterLine to Prepare for Medical School
Thinking of a Career in Health Care? An Online College Course Can Help You Decide
How Students are Using Online Courses to Prepare for Medical Careers