New College Course Profile: Western Civilization I
StraighterLine introduced some terrific new college courses. Today, we’d like to tell you more about one of them.
It is the new StraighterLine Western Civilization I course.
It’s a comprehensive course that is designed to fulfill the requirement for curricular Western Civilization courses at hundreds of colleges and universities across America. Even more, it offers a great overview of western history that can provide a firm foundation if you are thinking of majoring in history or political science.
Here are some course highlights . . .
- A comprehensive overview of the development of early civilizations from Neolithic times to 1715.
- Early and contemporary Western cultures are compared and contrasted, as are major religious, social, and political reforms.
- The Crusades, the origins of feudalism, and the evolution of Christianity are examined, as is the evolution of the European economy.
- The Scientific Revolution and Enlightenment periods are discussed.
- Other topics include the religious influence of Judaism and the Bible, the rise and fall of ancient Greece, and the transformation of Rome from a republic to an empire.
If you would like to be informed when this new course becomes available, CLICK HERE to sign up for a free alert.
New College Course Profile: Introduction to Criminal Justice
New College Course Profile: Introduction to Sociology
New College Course Profile: Introduction to Business
New College Course Profile: Introduction to Nutrition
New College Course Profile: Pharmacology I and Pharmacology II