Kick Off Your 2012 New Year’s Resolutions with Online Learning
Every year, lots of people make New Year’s resolutions to learn more. Resolutions like these . . .
- I am going to start college.
- I am going to finish college.
- I am going to learn more about a topic that interests me.
- I am going to go to college to show my kids that mom or dad is a learner too.
- I am finally going to learn Algebra, which I failed in high school, just to show the world that I can.
If thoughts like those are on your mind as you look ahead to 2012, why wait until then to kick off your educational plans? Why not get started now?
After all, what is wrong with Thanksgiving resolutions or Hanukah resolutions or Kwanzaa resolutions? And how about Islamic New Year’s resolutions? Islamic New Year, we are told, will be observed on November 26, 2011. That could give you a one-month head start on tackling those resolutions of yours.
And Still More Motivation . . .
If you need a small kick in the pants to get you to set resolutions and follow through on them, here’s a small collection of inspirational quotes that should do the trick . . .
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.” – Cavett Robert
- “The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.” - G. K. Chesterton