Above: See Ali G's blockbuster speech at Harvard University Class Day, 2013
The robes and mortarboards have been returned, the folding chairs are stored away. Those are sure signs that most of 2013’s college graduation ceremonies are done. Yet thanks to YouTube, you can watch dozens of commencement speeches that were given just a few days ago by famous people. It’s almost as good as going to all those graduations. Actually it’s better, because you don’t have to sit in the pelting sun for hours and hours while hundreds of kids who you don’t even know parade by.
Here’s a selection of pretty cool 2013 commencement speeches that you can watch right now on YouTube. All the names below are clickable, so get ready for some fun viewing.
- Actress Julie Andrews at the University of Colorado.
- Vice president Joe Biden at the University of Pennsylvania.
- New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg at Kenyon College.
- Newark Mayor Corey Booker at Washington University in Saint Louis.
- Twitter CEO Dick Costolo at the University of Michigan.
- Philanthropist Melinda Gates at Duke University.
- “Workaholics” star Anders Holm at the University of Wisconsin.
- Media mogul Arianna Huffington at Smith College.
- President Barack Obama at Ohio State University.
- First Lady Michelle Obama at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney at the University of Southern Virginia.
And Now that You’ve Attended Online Graduations . . .
Why not follow up by taking some online college courses too? Online graduation speeches and online learning . . . PERfect together!
Related Posts You Might Enjoy
Graduation Ceremony Checklist
Five Reasons Why High School Graduation Should Not Be the Last Stop
A $116 Billion Graduation Present for You
Busted Myth of the Week: Business Majors Earn the Most Money after Graduation
How to Get a Job after You Graduate
Busted Myth of the Week:An Ivy League Degree Guarantees You a Great Job