Today’s post is the tenth in a series of practical tips on how to save money on college.
Today’s saving money on college tip is:
Get a Degree Plan.
According to research by Complete College America, one of the best ways to reduce taking on student debt and increase your chances of graduating on-time is by enrolling exclusively in courses that offer a direct route to graduation. So, if your degree pathway includes online college courses, you'll want to get get a personalized degree plan.
A quality degree plan spells out exactly which courses you need and the number of credits required for your degree program. This creates an affordable degree pathway that streamlines your ability to take low-cost classes online, while guaranteeing that every course you complete will be accepted at your target college.
A quality degree plan spells out exactly which courses you need and the number of credits required for your degree program.
Getting a formal online degree pathway to any one of the accredited colleges in StraighterLine's College Savings Network is easy. Thanks to course-to-course articulation agreements with each of the nearly 100 accredited colleges in StraighterLine's savings network, students are guaranteed course transfer.
Guaranteed online course transfer allows students to eliminate the major issues that CCA has called "the great drag on student progress" including: "credits lost in transfer, unavailable critical courses, uninformed choices of majors, low credit accumulation each semester, broken remediation sequences, and excessive credit requirements." Online courses are available anywhere, anytime - and provide you a direct and whole lot cheaper way to get the college credits you need.
Today’s scholarship highlight is:
Save up to 47% on your degree with the University of Phoenix Partner Benefit & StraighterLine.
University of Phoenix is one of the participating StraighterLine Partner Colleges that has designed a partner benefit especially for StraighterLine transfer students to help cover the cost of tuition at the University of Phoenix.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete just 4 StraighterLine courses to be eligible for the University of Phoenix Partner Benefit.
- Take the maximum number of courses at StraighterLine that fit into your degree program and save up to 47% on your degree from University of Phoenix.
It’s easy to qualify. There are no essays, lengthy applications or deadlines. All you need to do is complete four StraighterLine courses and transfer them to the University of Phoenix. Your discount will be applied to the participating college’s tuition when you enroll.
Related Posts You Might Be Interested in:
- Finish Your First Year (or More) of College at StraighterLine - Save Money on College Tip Twelve
- A Simple Way to Dramatically Drop the Cost of College If You are a Working Adult - Save Money on College Tip Eleven
- This May Be the Best Strategy to Get an Affordable College Degree - Save Money on College Tip Nine
- Maximize AP Credits to Accelerate your Degree - Save Money on College Tip Eight
- How To Start Saving on College With This Smart Hack - Save Money on College Tip Seven
- Test Your Way to a Cheaper Degree - Save Money on College Tip Six
- Where to Find Affordable & Accredited Degree Programs Online - Save Money on College Tip Five
- Here's How to Pay the Lowest Price for Your College Classes this Summer - Save Money on College Tip Four
- Cut Your College Tuition in Half - Save Money on College Tip Three
- How to Save Money on College with Low-Cost Online Courses - Save Money on College Tip Two
- How to Pay Less for College & Get a Scholarship This Year – Save Money on College Tip One
- Education is Expensive – Lowering the Cost of College