Bad Boy Engineers You’d Like to Date
If you’re a guy and you’re thinking of majoring in engineering, chances are that you’re a bit worried about your ability to get a date. You’re probably thinking that once you declare your interest, you are a going to get classified as a nerd.
Well, forget that kind of thinking, because there have actually been a lot of engineers over the years who positively oozed accomplishment and charisma. Here are just a few that come to mind . . .
- Alan Turing – After this guy broke the German Enigma code during WWII and helped bring the Nazis to their knees, he went on to develop the binary structure of computer programming. That’s pretty sexy stuff.
- Robert Oppenheimer - He was trained as a physicist, but he sure knew a thing or two about screwing things together. How else could he have headed up The Manhattan Project and become known as The Father of the Atomic Bomb?
- Orville and Wilbur Wright – Okay, I know that they were really bicycle mechanics and all that stuff we all learned in third grade, but it’s safe to call them engineers. I mean, they built the first airplane.
- Thomas A. Edison – We all know that this great innovator lacked a formal education. But he invented the light bulb, the phonograph, the motion picture camera, concrete buildings, and tons more stuff. If he wasn’t’ an engineer, who was?
- Nikola Tesla – Talk about cool! This remarkable electrical engineer is responsible for fluorescent lights, the Tesla coil, all kinds of electrical motors, and lots more. Plus, he kind of disappeared and died in obscurity, just like all kinds of musicians, painters, and other alluring romantic types.
- Leonardo da Vinci – Sure, he is best known for being one of the two or three greatest painters of the Renaissance. But his drawings showed that he was busy designing all kinds of military equipment, a helicopter, and even a car.
By the way, I apologize for not including the names of alluring female engineers in today’s post. I’ll do some research and see what I can turn up!
5 Ways to Maximize the ROI on Your College Degree
15 Top College Majors Ranked for Earnings and Unemployment Rates
Frank Sinatra Was a StraighterLine Student
Horatio Alger Went to College Online
Henry David Thoreau Went to StraighterLine