Answers to the Mixed Bag Trivia Quiz
A few weeks ago we ran our Mixed Bag trivia quiz. So it is now time to give you the answers!
Ready! Here are the answers . . .
1. Beowulf, the oldest existing English epic poem, tells the story of:
Correct answer: D. A hero who kills a horrible monster and then the monster’s mom too
2. “The Persistence of Memory,” a famous painting by Salvador Dali, shows which of the following:
Correct answer: B. Weird drippy wristwatches
2. What is the major theme of Our Town, the famous play by Thornton Wilder?
Correct answer: A. Even the smallest moments in life are full of beauty and meaning
3. In Robert Frost’s famous poem “Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening,” how many roads diverge in the woods?
Correct answer: A. Two
4. Seurat’s style of painting, in which an image is created by placing thousands of tiny little dots on a canvas, is called:
Correct answer: D. Pointillism
5. If you mix baking soda and vinegar together in a glass, which of the following will happen?
Correct answer: B. The mixture will foam and bubble
6. Which of the following statements about Edith Piaf, a famous French singer, are true?
Correct answer: D. All of the above.
7. Who was Mies van der Rohe?
Correct answer: A. A famous architect
8. Who wrote the famous song “Maybellene?”
Correct answer: D. Chuck Berry.
9. On Seinfeld, Jerry’s circle of acquaintances includes which of the following characters?
Correct answer: B. Elaine, George, Kramer and Newman
10. What is the meaning of the French phrase, “Chef d’Oeuvre”?
Correct answer: A. Masterpiece
And the winner was . . .
Heather Hart, who answered all the questions correctly!