November 9th-13th is National Distance Learner’s Week, and we are proud to celebrate all of our amazing students!
Behind every StraighterLine student is a story; behind every story is a dream. And our students prove, time and again, that you are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.
At StraighterLine, we’re proud to enable and celebrate distance learners every single day. From all 50 states, and throughout the world, our successful online students share many important qualities, including motivation, determination, and a desire to flexibly and affordably earn a college degree.
The Solution to the Cost of College
By enrolling in our low-cost online courses, StraighterLine students are able to pursue their career and degree goals no matter where they work or live. To date, we have saved college students nearly 100 million dollars*. We’re truly honored to provide an affordable degree pathway to so many distance learners.
This past year, thousands of students have enrolled in at least one StraighterLine course, and have enjoyed easy credit transfer to our nearly 100 accredited partner colleges and beyond. Since all StraighterLine courses have been reviewed by the American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT), our courses are considered by more than 2,000 other colleges and universities for transfer to their degree programs upon request. At StraighterLine, we are all about student success and college affordability.
So whether you are starting, or restarting your college degree; whether you are completing one course with us or ten--we’re pleased to share a little insight about you, our truly inspirational students.
Who are StraighterLine students?
- More females than males: 59% (female); 41% (male)
- Majority are financially independent adults (73%), though a sizable portion of our students are still financially dependent (23%)
- More than half of StraighterLine students have children (53%). In fact, 17% of our students report having 3 or more children.
- A sizable minority of our students are military members taking advantage of online education: 12% of our students are either military veterans or active duty currently.
- Another notable population of our students are international, with 7% of our students taking courses while living outside the United States.
These numbers tell only a very small part of our students’ stories. After all, there’s nothing small about going back to college. A college degree is life changing. We are proud to help make yours more affordable.
*Total StraighterLine savings is compared to average cost per course for full-time students enrolled at a four-year college. For 2014-15, the average published tuition and fees for a four-year college is $21,109, Source: College Board.